Doctors are beginning to stress the importance of knowing and balancing your body’s pH levels as it has been found that a balanced pH protects us from the inside out.
The imbalance of alkalinity and acidity within the body allows unhealthy organisms to flourish, compromises your immune system and causes damage to both tissues and organs.
Due to the typical American diet, our bodies are often highly acidic, forcing the body to borrow important minerals such as sodium, magnesium, calcium and potassium from vital organs and bones in an attempt to balance the acidity.
Your body’s pH level can be measured on a scale from 0 to 14. The more acidic your body is, the lower this number will be. The higher the alkalinity, the higher the number. Optimally we want the body’s pH level to be at 7.365, however anything in the normal range of 6 to 7.5 will help to ensure better health.
What Causes Acidity in Your Body?
- Alcohol and drug use
- Antibiotic overuse
- Artificial sweeteners
- Chronic stress
- Declining nutrient levels in foods due to industrial farming
- Excess animal meats in the diet (from non-grass fed sources)
- Excess hormones from foods, health and beauty products and plastics
- Exposure to chemicals and radiation from household cleansers, building materials, computers, cellphones and microwaves
- Food coloring and preservatives
- Lack of exercise
- Low levels of fiber in the diet
- Pesticides and herbicides
- Poor chewing and eating habits
- Shallow breathing
While there are a number of ways to manage and balance the pH levels in your body, this lemonade will make the process even easier! Consuming this lemonade has been found to lower body pH.
What you will need:
- 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- Purified water
- Squeeze the juice out of 2 lemons into a large 16 ounce glass.
- Add 2 teaspoons of raw honey and water to the lemon juice.
- Don’t drink throughout the day