“‘Cause she’s so beautifully broken
shaped by the wind
here I go again”
— “Beautifully Broken”, a song by Gov’t Mule
Love is a beautiful, wonderful thing — with a dark side that not everyone will experience in their lifetime. For the girl who has loved with all her heart, and been left to fall, she will experience love differently forever afterwards — with these eight things being what she is likely to do differently:
1 . She’s intimately familiar with incredible happiness, for having been in love she knows what it truly feels like. Because of this, she’ll know at each moment if the love you’re sharing is or isn’t genuine.
2. She’s just as familiar with genuine sadness. Having been hurt by the people she trusted most, she has felt the betrayal of heart that goes much deeper than any physical wound. Her emotions are often extreme, having had their boundaries stretched far beyond what is usual.
3. She’s strong and she knows it, because of how much she has been through. Not just a survivor, she is thriving — living a life that she can be proud of, because she understands the value of her own well-being.
4. She’s been hurt by people she loved. Without any particular reason, loved ones can choose to turn their backs on you; she’s experienced this firsthand. Though she is stronger for it, she’ll also be wary of it happening again.
5. She knows her own value, and isn’t willing to give up on that for anyone or anything. Because she’s been treated without respect or value, she chooses for herself to mind her own heart.
6. Because of all that’s happened, she will be guarded. After having been hurt so many times, the beautifully broken girl will be protective of herself — and anyone she cares about.
7. Things take more time with her. Because of how wary she is of unwanted change, it’ll take more time for any changes to sink in. Be careful not to push her into anything she hasn’t chosen for herself, as that’s a sure way to find her leaving.
With the state of our modern world, a heartbroken girl is sadly not hard to find. For each woman that has been hurt, though, there is a woman waiting to see her life grow into something beautiful — more beautiful for having been through life’s hardships.
See the article that inspired this one here