The neurobiology of spirituality is the subject of interest to some surprising audiences, including the CIA, the Chinese government, and Cornell psychology professor Daryl Bem who suggests that events in the future can affect the past.
A Rare Gift or Common Birthright?
There are many parts of the brain involved in creating a “spiritual experience,” the pineal gland being a primary focus. But there are many things happening in our brains and bodies when we realize that we are psychic – this is a gift thought to be innate in all of us, not a rare gift bestowed to only a privileged few.
The Buddha’s pine-cone-shaped head, often with a mark between the eyes on the forehead (signifying the external point of the pineal, or third eye) is even a tribute to this ability we all have – an homage to the shape of the pineal gland itself.
China’s Gifted Psychic Children
As Paul Dong, researcher of China’s “gifted” psychic children will attest, many more of us are awakening this power within us than we may have imagined. Dong also learned through research conducted in March of 1992 at Hangzhou University involving children of many ages, before the age of nine, there is a twenty percent chance that we can learn to “read” with our ears, or develop other psychic gifts.
Presumably, learning when we are younger is easier, because we can more easily move into brain wave states which support psychic abilities. Alpha brain wave states, or those at 7 to 14 cycles per second are when we start to turn off our left brains, or logical thinking, and tap into states associated with intuition, insight, and out-of-body experiences. Children more naturally reside in this state of mind before they are trained by society not to daydream (alpha and theta states) and stay focused on logical thought processing.
How the Spiritual Brain is Measured by Science
We can measure the spiritual brain with multiple modern tools:
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) studies have been conducted on Yoga, Tantric Yoga and Yoga Nidra
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) studies have been conducted on Kundalini Yoga practitioners
- Single Photon Emission Computerized Tomography (SPECT) studies have been conducted on Tibetan monks.
The overarching conclusion of the studies point to prefrontal activation, transient hypofrontality, increased frontal lobe and decreased parietal lobe activity. There is also to a deafferentation of the posterior superior parietal lobule and greater activity within the pineal gland. (Newberg and Iversen 2003; Muramoto, 2003; Azari et al., 2001).
An Active Pineal Gland
As the pineal becomes more active, through the stimulation of the lateral hypothalamus (as in meditation, yoga, etc.) more melatonin is created as well as
The pineal-created enzyme — synthesize 5-methoxy-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) – a powerful hallucinogen.
Several studies have linked DMT to out of body experience, time space distortion and other such mystical states (Strassan and Clifford, 1994).
The CIA has declassified documents which prove that individuals like Uri Geller could not only bend spoons, but possibly erase Russian computer programs with his mind while standing outside an embassy in Mexico. Unthinkable feats like these just scratch the surface of what we are capable of doing with our minds, yet these acts still draw the criticism of skeptics.
Activate Your Own Pineal Gland for More Psychic Awareness
So how do you activate the pineal gland to tap into your own, inborn psychic gifts?
- Minimize Stress – there are hordes of documented studies showing what stress does to the pineal gland. There are many physiological changes which occur when we are stressed that inhibit psychic awareness, but stress lowers plasma melatonin levels which means the pineal cannot create DMT.
- Practice Empathy – Our brains are naturally designed to empathize with others, and they do this through a heart-brain resonance which has only recently been documented. When we cut off our ability to empathize with others, we will lose our psychic skills.
- Meditate, Do Yoga, and Practice Qi Gong – Subtle energy affects how our chakras run, and allows energetic flow to reach the pineal gland, known as the gateway to the soul.
- Clean Up Your Diet – Toxins in our food and water are horrible for the full activation of the pineal gland. There are mounds of evidence which show that aluminum, fluoride, herbicides, chemtrail chemicals, and other neurotoxins we are exposed to on a daily basis calcify the pineal gland. You can help your body get rid of these toxins by eating fresh fruits and vegetables that are high in antioxidants, turmeric, and other herbs,
- Get plenty of sleep in full darkness. It is important that we get plenty of sleep so that important biochemical processes like dumping toxic build up in the pineal can be done by the body. Sleep is important for another reason, though. Serotonin, and melatonin are secreted by the brain when we sleep in complete darkness. It is only this darkness that ignites the pizeoelectric crystals that are in the pineal gland (the mind’s eye) which processes light just like our outwardly-looking eyes do. These are important pre-cursor chemicals to spiritual awakening, psychic experience, and the creation of DMT which allows this.
- Elevate your consciousness. Gerald O’Donnell was one of many individuals who helped to reveal the connection between universal mind (that allows you to see anything anywhere, and be all places at once in time and space) and Delta/Deep Sleep states were connected. Ironically, this deep sleep state is just the first of higher states of consciousness associated with the All Knowing. The next arriving are epsilon and lambda – so rare at this time on our planet that only those who have out of body experiences, or ascended yogis and monks usually attain them.
Of course, there are many more ways of opening this astral portal and freeing our minds – from Ayahuasca, alternative healing methods, and even Kundalini breathing, but you can start with these simple methods to get the ball rolling.
Time travel, clairvoyance, by-location, spoon-bending, remote viewing and more are our collective destiny. It starts with cleaning up and activating our pineal glands.
By: Christina Sarich please reprint with all links intact, and credit to the author.