Life is too short to regret anything. We know it’s easier said than done. But there are certainly a number of things you must do in life, no matter how uncomfortable it makes you feel, in order to really live life to the fullest and not be left with any regrets.
If you want the most out of life, here are 25 things you must do. These may seem uncomfortable at first sight, but they’re just what you need to not have any regrets later on.
1. When something is bothering you, speak your mind.
2. Stand by the things that are important to you, and don’t be swayed by what others think.
3. Think about whether you’re the person you wanted to be when you were growing up. Strive to be that person if you’re not there yet.
4. Let go of things that don’t seem to be of significance to your life anymore. The past is the past. You must leave it behind.
5. Make sure you have a life outside of social media. Make real friends and have real adventures.
6. Keep your drama queen quotient in check. Give the overreactions a break once in a while.
7. Talk about things other than people and your judgments about them. Speak about anything from food, politics, sports, and so on.
8. Stop caring about your body image so much. Everyone has insecurities and they’re too busy nursing their own to notice yours.
9. Show a genuine interest in other people. Knowing about other people is always a great experience that helps you learn some things too.
10. Work towards being a more kind and empathetic person. Being nice to people is one of the most fulfilling experiences in life.
11. Allow yourself to make mistakes. You’re human, you can mess up. Don’t beat yourself over it.
12. Read. Read as many books as you can. As much as you can.
13. Try and put other’s feelings before your own once in a while. Be nice to them and keep your heart pure.
14. Go on a hunt for your soulmate. Don’t expect them to just stumble into your life.
15. Avoid spending money you don’t have. Save and secure your future, and give some to charity if you do have a lot left.
16. Work on becoming a better human being every day. Medals and trophies mean nothing as compared to the goodwill you will have earned over the years.
17. Make a note of your personal goals. Draft a mission statement for yourself and use it as a guideline for your life goals.
18. Avoid burning bridges and crossing people. Don’t walk out of a job in a huff and don’t make things unpleasant for yourself. You never know when it can come bite you in the back a few years from now.
19. Encourage people to be honest with you. Hearing people out is an essential skill to have. And you must be prepared to learn the harsh truth.
20. Keep a close eye for something that makes you feel uncomfortable. Speak up about it or learn from it, but don’t just let it slide.
21. Don’t play the blame game. Accept responsibility for your actions and admit when you’re wrong.
22. Find your purpose in life. It is easier said than done, but it is truly fulfilling when you do.
23. No matter where you are in life, make a home for yourself. Whether it’s in a fancy condo or your parent’s basement, it doesn’t matter. As long as you are happy there and feel truly at home.
24. Tune out of the online world and live your life in real world. There’s so much out there to explore and discover while we’re wasting ourselves on social media.
25. Don’t hold back — your thoughts, ideas, love, and more. Make sure you live life to the fullest and leave regrets behind.
No matter how old you are or how much older you get, it’s never too late to adopt a life of no regrets. Start with this checklist and you’ll see your life change for the better for sure.